European Code for Inland Waterways
Imagine cruising an inland canal, finding a small village that looks like it hasn't changed in 100 years and pulling over to explore, open some wine and take in the ambience? It does sound good, but to do this there are some regulations
The CEVNI code covers the behaviours and requirements for the inland waterways of most of Europe. If you intend to cruise the inland waterways of Europe, you have to have past this test. Even if
you have your yachmaster, you still have to pass this test. Some areas such as the UK, Nordic countries, Spain, Italy, the Balkans and Croatia have their own regulations, but for most of these countries the CEVNI is recognised (although we would reccomend you research your intended destination first).
CEVNI Test regulations also include;
- - The rules of the road,
- - The berthing rules
- - Provisions for small craft
- - Prevention of pollution of water
- - A Safety checklist for bunkering fuel.
The test consists of 2 parts
- Part 1 consists of 15 questions about signs and buoyage.
- Part 2 consists of 15 questions about lights, shapes and sound signals.
- There is a time limit of 20 seconds for each question which is sufficient if you have studied well.
RYA Practice Tests are available to test your skills prior to the exam so you can make sure you are ready before you sit the actual test!
How to Book
- - Book on line using the 'Book Now' tab above.
- - You will then be able to select your course and be redirected to the secure payment server.
- - Once you have completed your payment your information will be forwarded to us for processing.
- - Students have to be manually logged into the RYA Interactive site www.ryainteractive.org before login details can be provided.
- - The login will be created once we receive your booking but it can take up 48 hours depending on the time of the booking and the availability of the RYA site noting the time difference between Australia and the UK.
Our aim is to provide the login within 24 hours.
Each course comes with 6 months access with the opportunity to renew at any time. Course extensions cost $60 for an additional 6 months.
If this is your first time doing a NAVatHOME course, consider completing the free trial course so that you are aware of the style of the course before booking.